NI•TEN JUDO Club
Providing quality judo instruction in the community since 1974
• Monday 3:45 to 4:30 pm
• Thursday 3:45 to 4:30 pm
• Monday 4:30 to 5:30 pm
• Thursday 4:30 to 5:30 pm
• Tuesday 8:00 to 9:30 pm
• Thursday 8:00 to 9:30 pm
If a class is cancelled due to Shell Place closures, we will try to relocate class or reschedule via email alert
JUDO IS A FAMILY SPORT!
As always, we keep our rates affordable. We encourage multiple siblings with family discounts.
• $90/month per person
• $20/month discount for each additional siblings
• $50/month Womens' Only Class
• Not available for 2021/22 season
• $290 per family
• 1 case of Purdys Chocolate Crisp Bars for $5.00 each
• As the chocolates are sold, you keep the money to get your investment back ($250)
• Registered members will receive one item of Judo Club gear for their fundraising efforts
Judo Alberta Fee
• $55-$120 per person depending on age/category
Judo Gi (uniform)
• $90 White Gi
• $100 Blue Gi
• Gi now includes embroidered club logo
*Please EMAIL to request exact payment amounts!
INDOOR TURF AT SHELL PLACE
This is a temporary relocation due to the School Districts decision to not allow after-school access to schools during the COVID-19 pandemic. We are VERY excited about our beautiful space with our very sharp looking mats. The Indoor Turf is accessible through the East Entrance of Shell Place.
WHAT PROTOCOLS ARE IN PLACE?
Member check-in: (RELAXED)
• temperature check (must be under 38'C)
• sanitize hands
• record attendance
Member opt out: (as per COVID-19 waiver form) if they:
• have left the country in the previous 14 days
• have been in contact with a confirmed case of COVID-19
• water bottle
• Gi bag for ALL personal belongings to be kept tidy on the sidelines
• Gi top/bottom and belt - of course!
• Sandals (optional) - this is a standard practice in martial arts clubs for sanitary purposes
• Indoor sneakers (optional) - the indoor turf will turn socks and feet black, and outdoor shoes are not allowed on the turf
* spectators and children should also have indoor sneakers (or socks) if playing on the turf
Member arrive wearing:
• their Gi UNDER a track-suit/snow-suit (to keep it clean while outside) OR
• rashguards/workout clothes that the Gi can be worn OVER
* NO space for changing due to MacDonald Island Protocol
• Members must wash clothing/Gi and bathe/shower when arriving at home
• Parents and siblings not participating in class must adhere to current social distancing guidelines and RMWB By-Laws
• Washrooms are available. Change rooms are closed (MacDonald Island Protocol) (relaxed)
• Water bottle fill station is available. Drinking fountains are closed (MacDonald Island Protocol) (relaxed)
• Each class is considered a cohort and will not exceed 25 members (instead of the recommended max 50) (relaxed)
• By following the cohort guidelines, Members on the mat are allowed to be in direct contact with each other
• Mats are cleaned and disinfected between classes with safe and environmentally friendly cleaners.
• Ni•Ten Judo Club has a COVID-19 SAFETY PLAN in place. The information above is included in the larger plan. The plan adheres to guidelines set out by Judo Canada, Judo Alberta, Government of Alberta and MacDonald Island. It has been reviewed and approved by Judo Alberta and MacDonald Island Park. It is available HERE and any questions may be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org
ABOUT NI-TEN JUDO
Ni-Ten (pronounced "nee ten") translates to "Second Heaven" and has been providing quality Judo instruction in Fort McMurray since 1974.
Currently located at MacDonald Island, all ages and levels are welcome to learn or return to Judo. Classes run evenings and weekends, in addition to school programs and private lessons.
We have an increasing number of members that are competing around Alberta. We also hosted our First Annual Ni-Ten Judo Club Tournament in 2019.
MEET SENSEI JOSH
Level 2 NCCP Nationally Certified Coach
Years in Judo ~ 20 yrs
Judo CA Sandan, 3rd Degree Judo Black Belt
Competitive Results And Achievements
10x Provincial Champion
Provincial Open Weight Champion
5x Atlantic & Eastern Canadian Champion
2x Francophone & Canada Games Provincial Team Member
2x Medalist Pedros Judo Challenge Boston MA (Senior)
Super Cup QC - Bronze (Senior)
2x Medalist Coupe Claude Berthelette QC (Senior)