WHO CAN PARTICIPATE?
• Any Ni•Ten Judo Club Member AND anyone that wants to become a member
WHY ARE WE OFFERING SUMMER CLASSES?
• We want to encourage healthy minds and healthy bodies for everyone by getting our members back into a routine, connecting with familiar faces and getting some exercise
• Summer programming will enable our competitive Judoka to start the season in September stronger and therefore have an advantage
• We also want to reach out to our community by welcoming new people to our club with affordable fitness classes and a chance to meet new people
WHAT ARE OUTDOOR SUMMER CLASSES?
• Outdoor Summer Classes are Ni•Ten Judo Clubs way of making up for time lost during the April/May school closure due to COVID-19
• For this reason, Outdoor Summer Classes are FREE for Annually Paid Members and School Program Members
• Activities Include:
🧘♀️🧘♂️ Team stretch (yoga mat provided for use)
🥋🏋️♂️Tabata style circuits (full body workout)
🏁🏃♀️ Relay races and obstacle courses
🎽🤼♂️ Fun and Games
🌞👟Team runs (multiple locations)
🌄🏃♂️ Hill training and field sprints
Classes take place at Thickwood Heights School *FIELD* unless otherwise stated
Classes are on TUESDAY & THURSDAY
•3:00 - 3:45 Pre-Judo (Ages 4-6)
•4:00 - 4:45 Junior (Ages 7-11 & school members)
•5:00 - 6:00 Senior (Ages 12-99+)
If a class is cancelled due to weather (lightning in the area) it will be rescheduled as follows:
•If Tuesday outdoor class is cancelled it will be rescheduled to Wednesday
•If Thursday outdoor class is cancelled it will be rescheduled to Monday (unless its a long weekend)
Judo is a family sport!
As always, we keep our rates affordable and we encourage multiple siblings with family discounts.
These are outdoor class rates and do not reflect regular season Judo rates.
NEW* & EXISTING MONTHLY Members
• $60/month for one person*
• $99/month for two siblings
(save $20/month for each additional sibling)
*new members also pay $15 Judo Alberta Fee (insurance for summer program only)
ANNUAL & SCHOOL PROGRAM Members
• Annually paid members are FREE to make up for April/May/June closures
• School Program Members will attend Junior class
HOW DO I PARTICIPATE?
• PRE-REGISTRATION IS NECESSARY TO FOLLOW ALBERTA GOVERNMENT PROTOCOLS! Even if you are an existing member, we need to include you in our numbers. Any class cannot exceed 50 participants. If classes fill up we will look at adding additional class times. Register by contacting Sensei Josh (below)
• CHECK IN EVERY CLASS IS NECESSARY TO FOLLOW ALBERTA GOVERNMENT PROTOCOLS! At the check in table, a club volunteer will note the childs first name and quickly ask the 3 Health Questions. Then the participant MUST use hand sanitizer before and after the class. Furthermore it is recommended that participants wash clothing and bathe/shower when arriving at home.
• Please use the washroom BEFORE arriving and arrive in your fitness clothes because we cannot access washrooms or change rooms due to Alberta Government protocols
• Each person must bring their own WATER because there is no sharing of water sources permitted
• Participants MUST keep their personal belongings in a bag on the sidelines. This may include water bottle, a sweater, a hat, electronics, sunscreen and bugspray
• Spectators must follow the 2 meter social distancing guideline, and being careful during arrival and departure in the parking lot. Participants have agreed to Cohort Guidelines and therefore are ALLOWED to be closer that 2 meters.
CONTACT TO BOOK YOUR SPOT 😎 NEW MEMBERS WELCOME!
Sensei Josh phone: 506 262 0423
CONTACT SENSEI JOSH
Located at Thickwood Heights School Gym
96 Silin Forest Rd, Fort McMurray, AB T9H 3A1