NI•TEN JUDO Club
Providing quality judo instruction in the community since 1974
LITTLE NINJAS (AGE 4-6)
• Thursday 4:15 • 5:15 pm
• Saturday 4:15 • 5:15 pm
WHITE BELT JR (AGE 7-15)
• Tuesday 4:15 • 5:15 pm
• Saturday 3:00 • 4:00 pm
COLOUR BELT JR (AGE 7-15)
• Monday 4:15 • 5:15 pm
• Saturday 5:45 • 6:45 pm
TEEN/ADULT (AGE 16-99)
• Saturday 7:00 • 8:30 pm
• Sunday 10:15 • 11:15 am
WOMEN'S ONLY (AGE 11+) *NEW*
• Sunday 9:00 • 10:00 am
If a class is cancelled due to Shell Place closures, we will try to reschedule on Friday evening
JUDO IS A FAMILY SPORT!
As always, we keep our rates affordable and we encourage multiple siblings with family discounts.
MONTHLY Membership Fee
• $90/month per person
• $20/month discount for each additional siblings
• $50/month Womens' Only Class
ANNUAL Membership Fee (October - June)
• $711/year per person ($99 discount off annual membership)
• Each Family pays a one time Fundraising Fee for $120 for one box of Purdys Chocolates. As you sell the chocolates, you keep the money to get your investment back. This year, each registered Member in the family will earn a FREE T-shirt for their fundraising efforts!
Judo Alberta Fee
• Each Member pays an annual Judo Alberta Fee between $55-$120 depending on age category.
Judo Uniform (Gi)
• $80 White Gi
• $90 Blue Gi
*Please EMAIL to request exact payment amounts!
We are located at the Indoor Turf at Shell Place at MacDonald Island. This is a temporary relocation due to the School Districts decision to not allow after-school access to schools. We are VERY excited about our beautiful new space with our brand new mats. As of September 28, the Indoor Turf is accessible through the East Entrance of Shell Place.
HOW DO I PARTICIPATE?
• PRE-REGISTRATION IS NECESSARY TO FOLLOW ALBERTA GOVERNMENT PROTOCOLS! Any class cannot exceed 50 participants.
• CHECK IN EVERY CLASS IS NECESSARY TO FOLLOW ALBERTA GOVERNMENT PROTOCOLS! At the check in table, a club volunteer will note the Members name, perform a quick temperature check. It is expected that members attending class have signed the COIVD-19 Waiver acknowledging they will not attend class if they show symptoms, have travelled out of the country in the last 14 days, or have been in direct contact with a know case of COVID-19. Then Members and spectators MUST use hand sanitizer before and after the class. Furthermore it is recommended that Members wash clothing and bathe/shower when arriving at home.
• Washrooms are available but change rooms are not accessible due to MacDonald Island Protocols.
• Each person must bring their own water bottle because the water fountains are closed but the water bottle fill stations are open.
• Participants MUST keep their personal belongings in a bag on the sidelines. This may include water bottle, a sweater, a hat, electronics
• Spectators should follow the 2 meter social distancing guideline, and be careful during arrival and departure in the parking lot. Participants have agreed to Cohort Guidelines and therefore are ALLOWED to be closer that 2 meters.
• Mats are cleaned and disinfected between classes with safe and environmentally friendly cleaners.
• Ni•Ten Judo Club has a COVID-19 SAFETY PLAN in place. The plan adheres to guidelines set out by Judo Canada, Judo Alberta, Government of Alberta and MacDonald Island. It has been reviewed and approved by Judo Alberta and MacDonald Island Park. It is avaialble HERE and any questions may be directed to
ABOUT NI-TEN JUDO
Ni-Ten (pronounced "nee ten") translates to "Second Heaven" and has been providing quality Judo instruction in Fort McMurray since 1974.
Currently located at MacDonald Island, all ages and levels are welcome to learn or return to Judo. Classes run evenings and weekends, in addition to school programs and private lessons.
We have an increasing number of members that are competing around Alberta. We also hosted our First Annual Ni-Ten Judo Club Tournament in 2019.
MEET SENSEI JOSH
Level 2 NCCP Nationally Certified Coach
Years in Judo ~ 20 yrs
Judo CA Sandan, 3rd Degree Judo Black Belt
Competitive Results And Achievements
10x Provincial Champion
Provincial Open Weight Champion
5x Atlantic & Eastern Canadian Champion
2x Francophone & Canada Games Provincial Team Member
2x Medalist Pedros Judo Challenge Boston MA (Senior)
Super Cup QC - Bronze (Senior)
2x Medalist Coupe Claude Berthelette QC (Senior)
CONTACT SENSEI JOSH
Located at Thickwood Heights School Gym
96 Silin Forest Rd, Fort McMurray, AB T9H 3A1